Monday 14 January 2013

Funny Stories involving a bookstore

I have two funny stories involving a bookstore.
The first one is on the way to the bookstore, and the other is inside the bookstore. I am a book addict. Every time I went to the shopping mall, the first thing I searched is the "bookstore". Don't care if the bookstore is on the east side of the shopping mall, and the car parked on the west side. I just have to get there. Once, I found myself in a shopping mall that I've never visited before. I saw the banner in front of the mall that there is indeed one giant bookstore in the mall. But then, I got lost. The mall is really big. And then I searched for a map. I know that the bookstore is on the highest level. So I went there, saw the map of that level. I confess that I don't have great skill on reading maps. All I see is a sign that "You are here", but then there is block number and description of every store. I search through the block number, find the bookstore block number, and then match it from where I am standing. My mind went boom. I have to go left, right, straight, etc. How hard can it be to find one bookstore on one level? Well, after almost fifteen minutes of tiring and frustrating attempt, I give up. I ask the security officer at that level. "Sir, can you pleaseee tell me where the bookstore is?" 
And then the most embarrassing thing happens to me. The security officer pointed about 20 meters to the left where the bookstore stand. Gosh, I really didn't realize that. I search that book store for a long time, and when the bookstore is in front of my eyes, I don't even realize it. 

The second story happens in the bookstore. On one occasion, I took my brother to the bookstore. Actually the one of the reason I took him is so I can buy as many books as I can and have him carry my books. Ha. OK. Here is a fact. Carrying five to ten books up and down the mall is exhausting. Give it about 0.5 kg per book. It is not exactly the same as shopping for clothes. Clothes are more lighter. You can carry it for hours without having a cramp on your hand. 
OK. I will continue my story. So there I was in the bookstore. The fiction section. I feel my brother behind me. I am so hooked on the books that I forgot about my brother for a while. Then about ten or fifteen minutes later, I am done. I instantly grab the hand behind me and said, "Let's go to another section". The hand I grabbed didn't move a muscle.

I turn around and shocked. The hand I grabbed is not my brother but someone else. I am so embarrassed that time. I said "sorry" with my little voice and continue on. My brother saw what I've done and he had a wide grin on his lips. 

Well that is the most two embarrassing thing involving a bookstore.

Yurina Sydney



No comments:

Post a Comment